RuggerEds Schools Tournament 2019 - Saturday 22nd June
CLICK HERE to view footage of last years tournament!
RuggerEds annual schools tournament returns to Mount St Marys for the 7th time, and after the success of last years tournament which was our largest to date, we are hoping this years tournament will be bigger and better than ever!
RuggerEds Schools Tournament is an annual event run in order to showcase all of your children's hard work over the year with us, in a competition against other Primary schools from around the Sheffield, Dronfield, Barnsley, Rotherham and the surrounding areas.
All are welcome to join in regardless of experience and even if your school is not affiliated with RuggerEds we encourage you to join us anyway and we will enter you into one of our "Barbarian" teams (a team of children from mixed schools looking to take part)
The day is split into infant and junior tournaments with certificates for every child and trophies for the winners of each competition.
Every child who registers before the deadline on June 7th will be entered into either their schools team or a barbarian team and will receive a playing shirt to be received on the day.
The day is a great opportunity to play amongst friends and make new friends all in the name of Rugby, we encourage all children and parents to uphold our core values Good Manners, Respect, Teamwork & Fair Play throughout the day!
Please complete the form below to register your child's place and expect updates closer to the day via the email you provide regarding the specifics of the day including an electronic copy of the programme for the day, including fixtures, rules, timings and competitions.
Online registration is essential for safeguarding and insurance reasons as well as to ensure you receive details of the day and to ensure your child has a playing shirt ordered ready for collection upon arrival at the tournament.
(Without online registration your child will not be able to take part.)
RuggerEds code of conduct for children
- When children would like to speak at RuggerEds they put their hand up and wait to be asked by the coach.
- If someone is speaking at RuggerEds everyone has to listen.
- If there is any bad behaviour children will be given a warning. A full explanation will always be given to a child that has a warning.
- If a child is given two warnings they will be asked to sit out from RuggerEds with their parent for a short period of time.
- Children are expected to uphold the RuggerEds core values of Good Manners, Respect, Team Work & Fair Play throughout the day, this includes shaking hands with the officials and opposing team before and after every match.
RuggerEds code of conduct for parents/carers
- Make sure your child has appropriate clothing and footwear, including a hat and sun cream in hot weather.
- Your child should always have a drink available.
- Children should not be left at sessions without a responsible adult with them.
- Parents/Carers are expected to encourage both teams during games and set a positive example from the sidelines upholding the RuggerEds core values of Good Manners, Respect, Team Work & Fair Play.